| Otaku Youth Grafitti — Medley
Otaku Seishun Grafitti (Medley Kyōku)
|Released: September 20, 1991|
|Label: Toshiba EMI (Futureland)|
|Catalog number: TYCY-5180, TMSD-006|
|Lyrics by: Kanda Yoshimi|
|Music by: Tanaka Kōhei|
|Arranged by: Fujiwara Ikurō|
|Performed by: Tsujitani Kōji, Ōtsuka Akio, Inoue Kikuko,|
|Sakurai Toshiharu, the Orchestra del Otakus|
(Serifu: onore, onore, ahōdori!)
dare da dare da dare da
sora no kanata ni odoru kage
shiroi tsubasa no GATCHAMAN
inochi wo kakete tobidaseba
kagaku ninpō hi no tori da
tobe tobe tobe GATCHAMAN
yuke yuke yuke GATCHAMAN
GAN GAN GAN GAN
wakai inochi ga makka ni moete
GETTĀ SUPĀRKU sora takaku
GET GET GETTĀ GETTĀ ROBO
kono goro hayari no onna no ko
oshiri no chiisana onna no ko
IYA yo IYA yo IYA yo
(Serifu: kawaru wa yo!)
(Serifu: PĒTĀ! mite mite, KURARA ga aruita!
kuchibue wa naze
tōku made kikoeru no
ano kumo wa naze
watashi o matteru no
oshiete ARUMU no momi no ki yo
(Serifu: MAMA! MAMA! mite goran!)
nee MŪMIN kotchi muite
sobakasu nante ki ni shinai wa
hanaPECHA datte datte datte oki ni iri
otenba itazura daisuki
kakekko SUKIPPU daisuki
watashi wa watashi wa watashi wa KYANDI
(Serifu: dakedo, namida ga dechau.
on'nanoko da mon.)
namida mo ase mo wakai FAITO de
aozora ni tōku sakebitai
ATAKKU ATAKKU NANBĀ WAN
(Serifu: tora da! tora da!
omae wa tora ni narun da!
yuke yuke TAIGĀ TAIGĀ TAIGĀ MASUKU
(Serifu: tate, tate! tatsun da JŌ!)
SANDOBAGGU ni ukande kieru
nikui anchikushō no kao megake
tatake tatake tatake
oiranya kemono no chi ga sawagu
(Serifu: mita ka.
shinobi ga tōru kemonomichi
kaze ga Kamui no kage o kiru
(Serifu: NN, GUFUFU! ya, Kitarō!
Kitarō! Nezumi-Otoko ja!
mata omae no shiwaza ka!)
GE GE GE GE GE no GE
asa wa nedoko de GU GU GU
tanoshii na tanoshii na
obake nya gakkō mo shiken mo nani mo nai
(Serifu: NYAN! PARARIN! EIYAMON!
kore ga KYATTŌ kūchū sankaiten zonamoshi!)
hitotsu hito yori chikaramochi
futatsu furusato ato ni shite
hana no Tōkyō de udedameshi
(Serifu: REINBŌ, DASSHU SEBUN!)
INDO no yamaoku de
(Serifu: watashi no na wa GOA.)
ĀSU ga unda seigi no MAGUMA
Chikyū no heiwa o mamoru tame
(Serifu: iku zo! RODEMU! ROPUROSU! POSEIDON!)
suna no arashi ni kakusareta
BABIRU no tō ni sundeiru
chōnōryoku shōnen BABIRU nisei
(Spoken: Hey you, hey you, albatross!)
Who, who, who is it —
the shadow dancing in the faraway sky?
It's the white wings of Gatchaman.
You stake your life and fly out…
that's the Science Ninja Technique Firebird.
Fly! Fly, fly, Gatchaman!
Go! Go, go, Gatchaman!
CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG
Young lives burn bright crimson.
Getter Spark high in the sky.
Get- Get- Getter, Getter Robo!
The girl who's fashionable these days —
the girl with the slender behind —
Oh, no! Oh, no! Oh, no!!
Please don't look!!
(Spoken: I'm changing!)
(Spoken: — Peter! Look, look, Klara walked!
Why can I hear
whistling from far away?
Why is that cloud
waiting for me?
Tell me, Grandfather.
Tell me, Grandfather.
Oh tell me, fir trees of the Alm.
(Spoken: Mamma! Mamma! Look!)
Hey Moomin, look this way.
Freckles don't bother me.
Neither does having a flat nose. After all, after all, I like it.
I love being a mischievous tomboy.
I love running and skipping.
I am, I am, I am Candy.
(Spoken: But tears start to flow.
I'm a girl, after all.)
Tears as well as sweat, with a youth's fighting spirit,
I want to scream far out, into the blue sky:
Attack! Attack No. 1!
(Spoken: Tiger! Tiger!
You will become a tiger!
Go, go, Tiger, Tiger, Tiger Mask!
(Spoken: Get up, get up! Get up, Joe!)
The target, that evil bastard's face,
floats and sinks on the punching bag.
Strike! Strike! Strike!
Inside me, the beasts' blood is raging.
(Spoken: Did you see it?
The Henibattō mist-cut.)
The path of beasts, which shinobi tread.
The wind cuts Kamui's shadow.
(Spoken: — Mm, gwehehe! Yo, Kitarō!
— Kitarō! It's Nezumi-Otoko!
— It's your doing again, isn't it!)
Creak, creak, creak, creak, crikety creak…
In the morning, snore snore snore away in bed.
It's so much fun, it's so much fun.
Ghosts don't have school or homework, or anything.
(Spoken: Meow! Flip-flop! Heave-ho!
This is the Cat Aerial Triple Somersault!)
One, stronger than anyone.
Two, leaving his hometown behind
to try in flowery Tōkyo his strength.
(Spoken: Rainbow, Dash Seven!)
Training in the
mountains of India,
that enshrines in the soul of
(Spoken: My name is Goa.)
Wizard Earth forged Magma the just,
for protecting the Earth's peace.
(Spoken: Let's go! Rodem! Ropross! Poseidon!)
It's hidden by a sandstorm,
in the Tower of Babel lives
the esper boy, Babel II.
Otaku Seishun Grafitti, while mentioned in the videos, does not actually appear in them, but rather can be found on the soundtrack album.
A Mini CD single release of this song cointains the karaoke version, without vocals. The song begins and ends with an instrumental version of Tatakae! Otaking.
It is a medley of theme songs to famous Japanese TV series, as follows:
- Gatchaman no Uta (Gatchaman Song) · Lyrics by the Tatsunoko Art Department · Music by Kobayashi Ari.
- Getter Robo · Lyrics by Nagai Gō · Music by Kikuchi Shunsuke.
- Cutie Honey · Lyrics by Claude Q · Music by Watanabe Takeo.
- Heidi, Girl of the Alps (Alps no Shōjo Heidi), Oshiete (Tell Me) · Lyrics by Kishida Eriko · Music by Watanabe Takeo.
- Moomin , Nee! Mūmin (Hey! Moomin) · Lyrics by Inoue Hisashi · Music by Uno Seiichirō.
- Candy Candy · Lyrics by Nakida Keiko · Music by Watanabe Takeo.
- Attack No. 1 · Lyrics by The Tōkyō Movie Planning Department · Music by Watanabe Takeo.
- Tiger Mask · Lyrics by Kitani Nashio · Music by Kikuchi Shunsuke.
- Ashita no Joe (Tomorrow's Joe) · Lyrics by Terayama Shūji · Music by Yagi Masao.
- Ninpū Kamui Gaiden (Kamui the Ninja: Stories Other Than the Legend), Shinobi no Theme (The Shinobi Theme) · Lyrics by Ri Haruko · Music by Ōmoto Yasuhiro.
- GeGeGe no Kitarō · Lyrics by Mizuki Shigeru · Music by Izumi Taku.
- Inakappe Taishō (The Funny Judo Champion), Dai-chan Kazoeuta (Dai-chan's Counting Song) · Lyrics by Ishimoto Miyuki · Music by Ichikawa Shōsuke.
- Ai no Senshi Rainbowman (Warrior of Love Rainbowman), Ike! Rainbowman (Go! Rainbowman) · Lyrics by Kawauchi Yasunori · Music by Kitahara Jun.
- Ambassador Magma (Magma Taishi) · Lyrics by Hasegawa Takio · Music by Yamamoto Naoyoshi.
- Babel II (Babel Nisei) · Lyrics by Azuma Eiji · Music by Kikuchi Shunsuke.
Secrets of the Medley
4. Heidi is a novel by Swiss author Johanna Spyri; first published in 1880. It tells the tale of an little orphan girl who is given into the care of a hermit grandfather at the Swiss Alps. The novel was adapted as an anime in 1974 by Nippon Animation, directed by Takahata Isao.
Schneehoppli, nicknamed Yuki-chan by Heidi in the anime; is a goat Heidi and goatherd Peter saved from the danger of being slaughtered by its owner. Klara Sesemann is girl who is unable to walk due to her illness. Here, Heidi is excited about Klara's change which surprises Grandpa.
5. Created by Swedish-speaking Finnish artist Tove Jansson, The Moomins (Mumin) is a comic book series that received multiple anime versions in Japan throughtout 1969-1992. The two characters referenced here in this medley are Moominmamma and Moomintroll.
11. The three characters speaking here are Nezumi-Otoko, Medama-Oyaji and Kitarō.
12. Nyanko the cat delivers the speaking role here.
13. Daibadatta is a sage who grants Yamato Takeshi the ability to transform into Rainbowman and teaches how to use the powers properly. The sage's character was inspired after Devadatta, who was a Buddhist monk.
And there's even an in-joke in the credits to the image song: There is a famous music group in Japan called “Orquesta De La Luz”, although they perform outside Japan most of the time.
The reason why they're famous is because they do Latin-American music, and none of their lyrics are in Japanese! Thus we get the “Orchestra del Otakus” (Orchestra of the Otaku).
By Kanda Yoshimi, from the original Otaku no Video soundtrack album liner notes:
An incomparable Karaoke Boom has arrived!
In this time, when old and young alike are grabbing hold of echoing microphones and not letting go, we have overcome the high walls of record companies and copyrights to make real the hopes of the 80,000,000 anime fans all over Japan! The songs of youth, that remain in our hearts, the wonderful melodies that we can never forget… On dreamlike planning, that time, that moment, is now reborn!
At anime research group parties and dōjinshi spot-sale markets, after the profitable business is done, we want everyone to sing in chorus, with loud voices.
If the response to this CD is strong, then a second volume, an attack on the maniacs, and a third volume, specializing in the majors, could also be produced. You, too, sing along, while recalling the memories associated with each of these songs!